Monday, November 24, 2008

Saturday Evening Dinner Party

In celebration of my friend Kelly's 27th birthday, I threw a small dinner party (because 7 people was definitely enough to fill our little place) on Saturday evening. If you haven't paid a visit to the Good Things Catered blog, I insist you do so immediately. No, really, go now and then come back after you're done salivating. Katie is an amazing cook and posts all kinds of delicious recipes, including most of what I made for Kelly's dinner. I prepared roasted chicken with onions, garlic and herbs, garlic mashed red potatoes (my recipe), green beans with herb butter, homemade rustic white bread (from myrecipes.com), and chocolate cake. I had a few mishaps along the way (like putting one cup of milk into the frosting instead of 1/3 cup... oops), but everything turned out really well in the end.

Cocktails and hors d'oeuvres, anyone?

Jenny, Jenn (and Madelyn), and the Birthday Girl!

That's a lot of candles!

And, that's a lot of smoke! Ha!

I can't believe it, but I didn't take any pictures of the food. Oh well. It was good! After dinner, Matt, Kelly and I went out with a few of her friends from work. My trainer was celebrating his birthday at a bar called The Warren, so we joined in on the festivities. Suffice it to say, we had a good time.


1 comment:

The Marden Family said...

LOL- love that last picture. That answers my question as to how the night went.... :)