Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Did you go vote?



I did. It wasn't too bad. I got in line at 7:00 am and proudly hit the "Cast Ballot" button at 8:00 am. Matt didn't have the same luck. It took him 2 hours! I hope your polling location is/was as organized as mine. The poll workers at Mary Lin Elementary in Candler Park rock! They had their stuff together and got that line moving as quickly as possible. Kudos!

Now, get out there and make your voice heard. Regardless of who you're voting for, just go vote. It's your right and your civic duty. God bless America!

And, just in case you need a little urging, the following places are giving away freebies for your "I Voted" sticker:
-Starbuck's - tall coffee
-Krispy Kreme - patriotic doughnut
-Chick-fil-a - chicken sandwich (but you have to actually give them your sticker, so go there last... haha)
-Ben & Jerry's - scoops from 5-8pm
And, if you live in DC, Vegas, LA or Orange County (CA), you can get half off your $500 haircut and other services from Cristophe Schatteman or one of his talented stylists!

3 comments:

Puttin' On The GRITS said...

$500 haircut! PSH! I'd be cuttin' it myself!!!

Kristin said...

Haha, seriously, I know.

Amy said...

Good for you... we're headed over to vote this afternoon. Hopefully we'll have your luck and not Matts :)