Wednesday, October 28, 2009
...or did I?
I was in that in between state of asleep and awake where you're not quite sure if what you just dreamt was a dream or reality. Well, in my state of in between, I COMPLETELY FROZE. I mean, I have a loaded shotgun under my bed, and I was paralyzed. All I could do was think about the gun and think about jumping up to turn on my bedroom light so whoever was at my door would know someone was home. And then I came to, and I did get up and turn on the light. Then I stood there listening and trying to decide if that was real or not. I didn't grab the gun, but I did walk out of the bedroom to make sure there was, in fact, no one at the door. Clear. Back door was clear too (that's the nice thing about having windows around the front door a big window doors on the back... easy to know whether or not someone is there). That didn't stop me from thinking that someone was going to break in while I was in the shower and realizing for the umpteenth time that I STILL do not know the panic code for our alarm (I really need to bust out the manual and find that) and that I should have brought the shot gun in the bathroom with me. Paranoia, I tell ya... it'll get the best of you! P.S. The ice maker noise was real. :)
On a completely unrelated note, I posted this as my facebook status yesterday.
"Kristin has 4 club seats in the GA section that she'll trade for 4 in the FL section. :)"
My best friend Jenn posted the following reply.
"I have 4 seats in my family room I'll trade for your club seats. They are convenient to both refreshments and the bathroom and include a very cute 6 month old. Let me know if you're interested."
I have the funniest friends. :)
Tuesday, October 27, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
I feel like this is not what the Highlander really looks like, but this is what is on the Toyota website.
Tuesday, October 20, 2009
Monday, October 19, 2009
And, yeah, can we talk about the heart attack I had watching the Gators on Saturday!?!? Good Lord! I was so amped, I think I burned 500 calories. I couldn't sit still, and I was so antsy that I went into the bathroom to continue painting on each commercial break. Then I ran out of paint before half time, and I really couldn't imagine suffering through the second half without being able to distract myself. So, I decided to go get paint during half time (both a bad and good idea). It took me much longer than expected due to traffic and I didn't make it home until the start of the 4th quarter. At that point, we'd come back, so Matt wouldn't let me watch the game/I couldn't stand to watch it. So, I painted and stuck my head out for replays. HAHA! Seriously, I am pathetic. I did watch the field goal and last ditch effort by Arkansas, though. We still won, so maybe I'm not bad luck. Plus, they fumbled (AGAIN) while I was driving, so it couldn't have been me. ;) So many missed opportunities in that game by both teams, but happy that my Gators are still #1. They're hanging on by a thread though. C'mon boys!
Friday, October 16, 2009
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- I don't want to work today. I haven't wanted to work in several weeks. My job is not satisfying me right now. Cry me a river.
- I think a spider bit me on my pinky toe Sunday. It itches something fierce. I am going to the doctor in a few minutes to look at it. I can't believe I'm going to the doctor for a itchy pinky toe.
- I was actually in four states in 27 hours last week (NJ, GA, IL, MO). How 'bout them apples?
- I need a few more trips to get Delta Silver Medallion status. I hope I get first class upgrades once I make it there, but seeing as I'm mostly on business flights, I probably won't.
- I went to the gym this morning even though I didn't go to sleep until after midnight last night. Are you proud of me? It's okay if you're not, because I'm proud of myself. :) I am NOT a morning person, but this is my new quest, since I've been working sorta late every day (late enough to talk yourself out of working out).
- I want to strike it rich somehow, so Matt and I can quit our jobs and just travel. And then maybe have babies.
- Lately, I haven't had a whole lot of desire to have kids. I think it's because I can't figure out how I will manage it all. Well, for starters, I will have to work less (fine by me!). And, Matt will actually live with me (gasp!), so maybe that would make things easier. It's hard being the only one home 4-5 days per week and working 10-12 hours per day, trying to make it to the gym, cleaning, shopping, cooking, etc. For many more important reasons, I will be glad when he is home.
- I came home last night and there was a spider by my door (inside). And then there was another one when I walked into my bedroom. And when I was getting ready for bed, there was a huge cockroach crawling on my stack of clothes waiting to get hung up in the closet. I assume it's the cold and rain that is driving them inside, but where the heck to they come from!?
- Top Chef was great last night. I love the Voltaggio Brothers and, of course, my Atlanta boy Kevin Gillespie. I might have to go to Pigs and Pinot in Healdsburg next year... man, I would so love that. So would Matt. Makes me hungry thinking about it.
- I want to go skiing this winter. I've been to Park City and Breck. Any recommendations of somewhere else to try?
Update: Not that y'all probably care, but the doctor was actually mildly concerned about my toe and was glad I came in (meanwhile, I felt like an idiot... "Hi doc, a bug bit my pinky toe... can you take a look?"). I shouldn't still be having a reaction from a bite that occurred on Sunday, and my toe is all swollen and itchy and stuff. So, a very strong antibiotic later (and hopefully no rashes as a potentially very serious side effect), and I should be just fine! He said he's seen a lot of very bad spider bites lately that have actually hospitalized people, so hopefully this clears it up. I'd like to keep my pinky toe! :)
Monday, October 12, 2009
A quick trip to Trader Joe's for some pumpkins and Home Depot for mums, hay and an awesome deal on that fall plant ($10 marked down from $25), and voila!
In other news, the Gators are still #1! Matt got up at 6 on Saturday to start smoking the pork butt, and by the time I roused from my slumber at 10, he'd already done a ton of work around the house. I am a lucky lady! We had a great time watching the game with our friends, but it was gut wrenching. I made my classic salsa and guacamole, cole slaw and some cookies... okay, I didn't so much make them as I decorated them, but I just didn't have time to do them from scratch.
Not my best decorating job, but whatev. Everyone thought they were pretty. :)
So, Matt and I have plans to do some work in the half bath this weekend. We're going to change out the faucet, light fixture, outlets/switches and paint. I casually mentioned that I'd like to re-tile the floor, because I'm not a huge fan of the tile, but I really didn't want to get that involved. Well, I guess Matt only heard the first part, because now we have grand plans of new tile in the bathroom. He says it's practice for the other two bathrooms that need new tile. Considering we haven't even picked out tile, I don't know if we'll really do it this weekend, but it really shouldn't take too long because it is so small. We'll see!
Update: Well, I stand corrected. We are not tiling this weekend (thank goodness) but will attempt it at some point in the future before the major tilework for our bathroom and the upstairs bathroom. :)
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
I spent the weekend in Key West for Dai's bachelorette. It was just like senior year, only funner. I always have a blast with those girls, and let me just say, I may never look at the game Charades in the same way. I laughed so hard, I cried... multiple times... I almost peed myself once. I probably shouldn't advertise that, but it's true.
Big game this weekend - Florida at LSU. I think I'm going to be a nervous wreck. I get way too invested in college football. We're smoking a pork butt and having some people over for the game. Go Gators! This is a big one!
Hope you all have a nice week and weekend... I probably won't be back to blogging until next week. xoxo!