Thursday, October 15, 2009

Random Thoughts for Thursday

  • I don't want to work today. I haven't wanted to work in several weeks. My job is not satisfying me right now. Cry me a river.
  • I think a spider bit me on my pinky toe Sunday. It itches something fierce. I am going to the doctor in a few minutes to look at it. I can't believe I'm going to the doctor for a itchy pinky toe.
  • I was actually in four states in 27 hours last week (NJ, GA, IL, MO). How 'bout them apples?
  • I need a few more trips to get Delta Silver Medallion status. I hope I get first class upgrades once I make it there, but seeing as I'm mostly on business flights, I probably won't.
  • I went to the gym this morning even though I didn't go to sleep until after midnight last night. Are you proud of me? It's okay if you're not, because I'm proud of myself. :) I am NOT a morning person, but this is my new quest, since I've been working sorta late every day (late enough to talk yourself out of working out).
  • I want to strike it rich somehow, so Matt and I can quit our jobs and just travel. And then maybe have babies.
  • Lately, I haven't had a whole lot of desire to have kids. I think it's because I can't figure out how I will manage it all. Well, for starters, I will have to work less (fine by me!). And, Matt will actually live with me (gasp!), so maybe that would make things easier. It's hard being the only one home 4-5 days per week and working 10-12 hours per day, trying to make it to the gym, cleaning, shopping, cooking, etc. For many more important reasons, I will be glad when he is home.
  • I came home last night and there was a spider by my door (inside). And then there was another one when I walked into my bedroom. And when I was getting ready for bed, there was a huge cockroach crawling on my stack of clothes waiting to get hung up in the closet. I assume it's the cold and rain that is driving them inside, but where the heck to they come from!?
  • Top Chef was great last night. I love the Voltaggio Brothers and, of course, my Atlanta boy Kevin Gillespie. I might have to go to Pigs and Pinot in Healdsburg next year... man, I would so love that. So would Matt. Makes me hungry thinking about it.
  • I want to go skiing this winter. I've been to Park City and Breck. Any recommendations of somewhere else to try?

Update: Not that y'all probably care, but the doctor was actually mildly concerned about my toe and was glad I came in (meanwhile, I felt like an idiot... "Hi doc, a bug bit my pinky toe... can you take a look?"). I shouldn't still be having a reaction from a bite that occurred on Sunday, and my toe is all swollen and itchy and stuff. So, a very strong antibiotic later (and hopefully no rashes as a potentially very serious side effect), and I should be just fine! He said he's seen a lot of very bad spider bites lately that have actually hospitalized people, so hopefully this clears it up. I'd like to keep my pinky toe! :)

1 comment:

Alyse said...

I liked your random stuff... and I hope your toe is okay! Love from all the Laneri's in Utah this weekend!! I vote you come ski Sun Valley next year (you'd have to fly into Boise and at least visit us for a minute)!