Thursday, October 22, 2009

New Car

So, Matt got a promotion at work (YAY!), and with that came a company truck (YAY!), so we sold his truck (YAY!), and we're trading in my POS Explorer Sport (okay, it's really not that bad) for a new car. We've pretty much set our eyes on a Toyota Highlander, a Toyota 4Runner (2010s are out very soon and some dealerships may already have some inventory), or a Volvo XC60 (new this year - their interpretation of a crossover). I know Toyotas are great, reliable cars, and I've heard good things about Volvos but I really don't know too much about them. Any Volvo lovers out there? What can you tell me... the good, bad and ugly? For some reason, I have the impression that they cost more to fix. Any thoughts on any of the vehicles? I realize the Volvo and the 4Runner are quite different cars, but that's where we are at the moment.

2010 Volvo XC60

I feel like this is not what the Highlander really looks like, but this is what is on the Toyota website.

5 comments:

Katie Farmand said...

Yay for a new car!! I have a Volvo S40 and I looove it. I've had it for 4 years almost to the day, and I haven't had any major issues with it so far. It's been a great car, and I can't speak about how expensive it is to "fix" but I don't think it's outrageous. But...Jason swears by Japanese-made cars. He loves his Honda CRV and had a civic or something forever, and loved it, too. I think you'd be safe going with any one of those 3!

Unknown said...

I love my toyota highlander...i have that same exact model!

Amy said...

We loved the highlanders when we were doing our search - just a bit out of our price range... but we heard nothing but great things about them! The Volvo looks cool too. I don't know much about them. My boss had a Volvo for a couple of years and didn't like it and had lots of trouble with it so she went back to her Subaru... but it might have just been a lemon :) Good luck in your search and congrats to Matt on the promotion!

Prissy Southern Prep said...

I know several owners of 4runners and the volvo SUV, and they all love their vehicles. I think the Volvo is so cute!! My mom had a volvo sedan, and she had NO problems out if it. Good luck!

Melissa Witek said...

Congrats!! tell Matt i'm proud him. haha! i have a car you can buy....it's a 2000 honda accord with 120,000 miles on it with a dent/rust on the hood and a scratch on the front bumper. interested?