I know every parent thinks their kid hung the moon, but she really is just so great. Sure, she tests us at times, but for the most part, she is super obedient, sweet-natured, helpful, polite, and just fun. I mean, the kid has a knock knock joke already! My good friend and new-ish blogger, Jen at The Champagne Supernova, would be so proud. If anyone is actually reading this, check out her blog. You won't be disappointed.
She's still a petite thing... 24.5 lbs and 33.5" at her 2-year appointment (25-50th percentile), but her head is 75th percentile. A far cry from her head measurement at birth which was so narrow thanks to my abnormally small pelvic opening that it didn't even register on the curve. Sorry about that, nugget. And sorry to your sister who will hopefully fit through but with an equally alarming initial head shape. She still only has 12 teeth but we're definitely working on a canine or two and maybe getting ready for the two year molars. She finally has hair, though it's still a bit of a mullet. The top and sides are growing, but they haven't caught up with the growth that happens in the back, so she's had several home haircuts. I think it's time to take her to a professional for a cute bob or something. She can rock some adorable pigtails though!
Lots of tidbits on Greer as a 2-year old:
- She talks up a storm (no surprise being my child) and in sometimes surprisingly full sentences;
- has a love/hate relationship with the dogs;
- is a whiz at puzzles;
- ends most of her sentences and phrases with an escalating voice;
- can tell you most colors but can color match anything;
- loves stickers, bubbles and play-doh;
- hates the sound of helicopters if we're outside and she's not holding onto someone for safety;
- loves firetrucks and any big trucks or construction equipment;
- loves Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Curious George, and Elmo;
- can probably use the iPad better than I can despite really limiting how much she is allowed to use it;
- sings songs complete with motions;
- loves baths and happily proclaims/questions "bath night!?" every night after dinner;
- is super easy to put down for a nap or to bed (even asking for a nap sometimes);
- loves her pappy (paci, which she didn't start using until after she was 1... clearly I should have removed it from her crib but that's the only time she gets it) and stuffed animals;
- LOVES to read;
- eats pretty well most of the time (veggies are hit or miss but she loves broccoli (aka: brocky), green smoothies and sometimes salad);
- mostly knows her ABCs (misses a letter here and there) and can count as high as her mid-teens that I've heard;
- is starting to truly understand the concept of counting things but that's not consistent yet;
- loves people and has become quite outgoing, and
- she just lights up our world!