Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thoughts for a Thursday...

  • My baby high has worn off, and although I still want one sooooome day (maybe sooner than later... or maybe not... guess you'll just have to wait and see), at the moment I'm feeling a little like how the heck could I do that when I can barely manage my own life! ;)
  • Life is busybusybusy, as usual. I suppose I wouldn't have it any other way.
  • I was in Florida Monday through Wednesday morning for work and got to squeeze in a night with my Gram. I honestly have the COOLEST grandma in the world. Seriously. It's no contest, so no one else should bother entering their grandmothers in the World's Coolest Grandma Competition (except Amy and Alyse since she's their Gram too). :) I can talk to that woman about ANYTHING. She is amazing.
  • We're going to my 10 Year High School Reunion this weekend. In one sense, it feels like that was forever ago... in another, it feels like yesterday. With the advent of social media, I feel like HS reunions are going to be much smaller, but I'm looking forward to catching up with some of these people in person, and not just via facebook!
  • We're well into the master bedroom makeover, thanks to Capella! I can't wait to get it done and show you guys what she put together... I think it's going to be amazing! Nothing has really been done yet (as far as actually putting it together). We're just gathering all the pieces and getting ready to paint, but it should be done (with the exception of the dresser) by the end of the month.
  • We got a great, solid wood writing desk on Craig's List for $75 and Matt sanded it down and stained it last weekend. He's so handy. It needs a couple coats of poly (but he bought gloss and I don't want it that shiny, so he needs to exchange that), new knobs and a minor drawer repair, and it's going to look like a million bucks!
  • I am officially a pullup machine. Like, I can just get up on the bar and do them with no assistance. I did 15 last night during our warm up (not all at once) but was able to string four together without stopping. When I say pullups, they are pullups but they are kipping pullups, not strict pullups, so while you're expending the same amount of energy to get your chin up over the bar, you're using your momentum from the kip motion to help you. In the words of Ali G, "Booyahkasha!"
  • I don't look like I'm a pullup machine. I've definitely gained strength and maybe slimmed down a bit from Cross Fit, but with my schedule being as it is, getting injured, life in general, I have not been able to attend as many classes as I'd like (only 2 in the last 2.5 weeks), and I'm definitely not eating as healthy as I could be. I am not eating unhealthy, but I'm also no longer trying to eat Paleo M-F like I was before, and I have my moments (like having a sandwich and Lays potato chips for dinner a week or two ago... VERY unlike me). It's the 80/20 rule - 80% of fitness is your diet. And, I like food. A lot of that food is healthy, but not all of it... like chips (and salsa and guac... both of which are Paleo... chips, not so much). The good news is I don't have any work travel scheduled as of now, and although I'd love to be skinnier, if I can enjoy my life and look like I do now, I am okay with that. :)
  • My little sister is 21. I still cannot believe she is 100% legal. Crazy!
  • That's it for now... I hope everyone has a great weekend! I'm hoping to hit the beach on Saturday before the reunion bash and, and I can't wait!

1 comment:

Alyse said...

Hey from Uganda!! You're right we do have the best grammy ever! Such a cutie! Now if only I could get there to see her... That's my next stop for sure! Sounds like life is going well for you, and I vote sooner than later on the baby making bandwagon--you'll make adorable babies :) haha!