Friday, June 18, 2010

The best laid plans...

Got some "bad" news yesterday that Matt may be in Tifton even longer than the already even longer than we ever anticipated. I use the word "bad" loosely, because I am able to easily put it into perspective. It could be way worse, but just because it could be worse doesn't mean it's also not disappointing to know that, once again, things aren't going to pan out like we'd hoped. There's a chance he could be home, at least more than he is now, in September, but I've definitely learned to expect the worst and pray for the best!

Since I heard this news yesterday, I've been trying to focus on all of the amazing blessings we have in our lives, and there are plenty. I know so many people around me suffering losses, disease (cancer SUCKS!!!!!!), etc, that it's very easy to put it into perspective. We have our health, two careers, financial stability, amazing family and friends, a home, food to eat and most importantly, each other. So, we might have to put our kitchen renovation and a few other plans on hold... how amazing is it that we can AFFORD a kitchen renovation when there's absolutely nothing wrong (except ugly) with our kitchen as is?

See, the power of positive thinking... I feel better already.

No comments: