Monday, March 22, 2010

Dear Congress,

I could go on about how this bill doesn't address some of the key health INSURANCE issues that need reform (at least from what I hear... as a contributing member of society, I find it hard to find the time to read a 2400 page bill), but let's talk about the fact that until Americans start living healthier lives, our healthcare costs are going to be outrageous. I am FULLY on board with health insurance reform in a fiscally responsible manner, but let's not pretend that this is something that it isn't. It is not going to fix America's health crisis until the people of this country decide to get healthy. How sad is it that studies show that this generation's life expectancy is less than that of their parents?

I'm not going to pretend I have any clue what half of this bill is going to mean for me (do any of you even understand it), but I will tell you that I'm sick of our government and the way it runs it's "businesses." Hmmmm... Social Security, the Postal Service, VA Hospitals, Medicare, etc... need I say more?

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them."
-Ronald Reagan

Best regards,
A tax-paying citizen and contributing member of society

P.S. This is an interesting read.

No comments: