Friday, March 6, 2009

Britney Baby... Like That

The girls before the show (minus Amanda).
She's back. But, let me say, Britney's concert is not for the faint of heart or those not wishing to expose themselves to Rated R events. :) I would have been embarrassed if I had brought a girl younger than 15 to the show. It was definitely risque, but Brit Brit put on a great show and she looked great... though anyone would after rehearsing for the show and performing it every other night! She must burn A LOT of calories. If she put out a dance workout video, I readily admit that I would definitely buy it.

The tour, as many of you may know, is called Circus after her most recent album, and that it is. She does the show "in the round" with a center stage and two side stages, all shaped in a circle like a three ring circus. Before the show began, there were various circus acts that performed acrobatics, juggling, unicycle riding, and the like. And similar cirque like performers did their thing throughout the show. It opened with a crazy introduction on the round LED screens by Perez Hilton. I couldn't really understand a lot of what he was saying, but it was definitely different.


She opened with "Circus" and came down from the above the stage in a ringmaster sort of outfit. Everyone was going crazy (Phillips Arena was sold out... every single seat) and the look on her face was priceless. I think she was in some state of shock at that moment. This is her first tour and only her second show since she went crazy on us, so I'm sure it's sinking in that even through all of her ups and downs (mostly downs), there are an awful lot of people out there who want to see her succeed in a healthy way. Count me as one of them. Minus the crazy and the fame, she's no different than the rest of us. Here's a video of part of the opening.


I didn't get any of her good dance sequences on video, because I was much too busy watching them and dancing along. Here are a few other pictures.

This was one of my favorite costumes. She did a "Bollywood" version of "It's Me Against the Music".

Encore - "Womanizer"

And, one last video of her next single from Circus, "If U Seek Amy".

I definitely thought she looked lost a couple of times when I rewatched this video, but from where we sat, the show went well. It certainly wasn't flawless, and it was painfully obvious at times that she was lip syncing (but, let's be real... no one goes to a Britney concert to hear her sing), but the show was well choreographed, had a lot going on, and was entertaining. I especially appreciated that she did some older stuff, including "Hit Me Baby One More Time." Ah, the high school memories...

No comments: