Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Whoa, Baby!

I mean, whoa BABIES!  Holy crap, there's two little nuggets residing in my uterus.


Nugget #1 up top is a runt compared to his/her brother/sister, but everything appears to be there that should be there.  We saw the yolk sacs and a clear fetus in the bigger one and what we think was a fetus in the smaller one.  I was hoping for a heartbeat today, but it's still so early.  The fetuses are roughly the size of a lentil bean, but those little hearts should already be beating.  Just crazy!  We go back next Thursday for another ultrasound, and we should definitely see heartbeats at that time.  I think the doctor was pretty hesitant just because one was smaller, but we'll just see what's going on in there next week.

Obviously, we knew twins were a real possibility, but Matt and I both just really thought there would be only one.  We had six embryos on Day 5, transferred two, and the other four conked out by Day 6 even though they were graded decently.  So, it is pretty amazing that the "right two" went in.  God is so good.  And so funny.  Mr. and Mrs. Adamantly Against Twins, we're only transferring one, blah blah blah... well, I'll show you what a crushing, failed IVF will do to that mentality!  I guess God needed to prepare our hearts!

Feeling so thankful, excited, and a little overwhelmed, but mostly just really, really, really blessed.  Can't wait to see them again next week, and I hope and pray they are BOTH still going strong!

Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to His power that is at work within us, to Him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.
-Ephesians 3:20-21

AMEN!

12 comments:

MRStypeA said...

ahh!! exciting!! i'll pray that the littler bean speeds up to compete with his/her big sis/bro! that's just plain amazing! CONGRATS!!

meghan said...

I've been dying for an update and this is amazing! TWINS!!! Ahh! Praying along with you that the little one speeds in growth and next week you get to hear their heartbeats! I'm just SO happy for y'all!

Jamie Blake said...

That is so, so amazing! Congrats!! :) Praying those babies both keep cooking!

Jaimee Granberry said...

Double congrats!!! Praying little nugget catches up and both have strong, beautiful heartbeats next week!

Alyse said...

So amazing! I'm so happy for you!

Sara Glomski said...

Oh my gosh Kristin!! Twins! Praying that everything continues to go well and you see 2 healthy heartbeats next week. That's amazing!

AEOT said...

AMEN!!!!!! Congrats on the little nuggets! Saying a prayer right now that #2 catches up and both remain sticky babies!!

TheHouse said...

May God bring glory to Himself alone through your miracle.

Congrats!

Katie Farmand said...

EEEEEeeee!!! Omg! OK, doubling up my prayers! :) XOXO

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristin!! It's Jess, Meg's sister...I just wanted to tell you how HAPPY and EXCITED I am for you. Meg's kept me up to date on what's been going on, and I just wanted to tell you that I couldn't be happier for you and Matt :-) You will be the best mommy!!!

Sara Brown said...

Babies! I'm so excited for you guys! Sending lots of love your way. xo

Our Journey Through This Lovely Life said...

Hi!! I'm Alexis, new follower! Big Congratulations to you!