Monday, September 21, 2009

Rain, Rain, Go Away

Holy cow, y'all. It's raining cats and dogs in A-town. I am pretty sure it has rained every single day since last Sunday. And, it's been on and off downpours since we returned from Heaven... I mean, Gainesville... yesterday (more on that later). I wish I could've stopped for a picture, but when I was driving to work this morning, Peachtree Creek had broken its banks and was about 150 feet up on the Bobby Jones golf course. The creek had risen to a level that it was only about a foot under the bridge. And, with the ongoing deluge, I may not be able to drive that road home for fear of being washed away. Two roads flanking the creek were completely covered in water, and I think another couple of inches has fallen since then. I hope our house doesn't flood! Well, I don't think that would happen, but our crawl space could.

1 comment:

Trac~ said...

I've heard that Atlanta is really getting hit hard with floods this week - try to stay safe and dry and DON'T drive in those flood waters - there's been about 6 people killed from being washed away in their cars girl! Take care and keep us posted! Big hugs, Trac~ :o)