Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Cha-Ching!

That's the sound of cash in my pocket thanks in part to Savin Sistas. I am a coupon/sale shopper convert. I've always been fairly thrifty, but during my weekly shopping trip to Publix yesterday, I spent $26.19 and saved $28.21! As a run down, here's what I bought:
-2 boxes of Cheerios (BOGO + coupon = $1.77 each)
-2 boxes of Quaker Chewy Bars (BOGO + coupon = $1 each)
-2 Lean Cuisine pizzas (on sale)
-skinless boneless chicken breast (on sale)
-tilapia filets (on sale)
-grapes (on sale)
-bagged salad (on sale)
-Arnold bread (BOGO)
-Sargento shredded cheese (BOGO)
-Egglands Best eggs (on sale)
-Toufayan wheat wraps (BOGO)
-pack of Stride gum ($.50 off thanks to Target coupon that prints with your receipt - Publix accepts competitor coupons)
-red onion
+$5 off Rite Aid coupon (again, Publix accepts competitor's coupons)

LOVE IT! And, as you can see, I didn't skimp. I already stocked up on milk last week while it was on sale plus I had a coupon, and I have a few other things in the fridge to put toward the week. I have breakfast, lunch and dinner every day for under $30 for the whole week!

3 comments:

The Marden Family said...

Whatever! My Publix won't accept the Rite Aid coupon anymore!! Jenny said she ran into the same problem. Those jerks...

Heather said...

GO girl!! That's awesome! I need to do better, I'm a slacker!

Mrs. Douglass said...

So impressed -- Seriously! Great job missy :)