Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Stream of Consciousness

  • Working is overrated.  (Paychecks are not.)
  • I'm ready to get the paleo blog going but I can't make up my mind as to what I want to do... do I want to just host it in blogger or wordpress for now and buy my own hostname?  If I start to make any money, I could migrate it to another host (if you host through blogger/wordpress, you don't own your site or its content, apparently).  Or, should I just shell out the $ to host it somewhere?  Who out there has a website?  Help me please.
  • Do you know anyone that does wordpress blog design/layout?  I want a "faux website" which is really a blog with links at the top of the page to different things, such as "About Me", "Contact Me", etc.  I'm really leaning toward wordpress, because I've heard it's more dynamic than blogger.  But, I still love me some blogger.
  • We are going skiing SOON!  Yay!!!  I am sooooo excited to ski, but especially to see my family in Utah!
  • Today is the LAST DAY OF THE LOCKDOWN!  Woohoo!  I kicked the lockdown's butt.  I have my BodPod tomorrow, so you can be sure I'll be back with the results.  The winners probably won't be announced until early next week.
  • I still don't know what I want to be when I grow up, but I think I'm getting closer.  I met with a guy that works for a medical device company while I was in Jacksonville, and the more I learn about the industry and the more I talk to folks, I think I want to make the switch and I'm getting good feedback as far as me being a good fit in the industry.  
  • I also have a lead for a good job in my current field.  My interest is piqued, so we shall see.
  • Oh, I have a ULI event tomorrow evening that is being hosted at a Mexican restaurant, and although I am definitely keeping up with the paleo lifestyle, I am going to DEVOUR some chips and guac.  And some wine.  Which means, I should probably have Matt come pick me up since I haven't had more than 1.5 glasses of wine (total) in six weeks.  And, I will probably be hungover Thursday.  Good thing I don't work.
  • I need to go check on my paleo venison chili.  Another recipe for the paleo blog, once I figure out how the heck I want to host it!  xo

No comments: