Friday, January 14, 2011

Snow Days

Holy snow and ice, Batman!  It's been quite the uneventful week here, depending on how you look at it.  On Sunday evening, the snow began to fall... and kept falling until we'd accumulated about 4.5-5" at our house smack dab in the middle of Atlanta.  It was quite nice up until late in the day Monday, when the all-day sleet/freezing rain turned the snow into a sheet of ice.  School has been cancelled all week.  I ventured to work on Wednesday afternoon, and made it out of my neighborhood fine.  On the way back, one of the hills was too big of a match for my traction control.  I made it almost to the top, before my tires just kept spinning and spinning on the ice, getting me nowhere.  Thankfully, there were some really nice neighbors walking by that gave me a push (took several attempts) to make it to the turn and flat/downhill roads.  The major roads are clear now, but the neighborhoods are still a mess, especially in shady areas.



around 9pm

11pm

around 9pm

11pm

8am







Ski vacation?  Nah, just at a neighbor's.
Snowball fetch.

She's slightly less coordinated than her brother.

1 comment:

Kristin said...

Driving on the ice would scare me! Glad your neighbors were able to help.