Friday, August 27, 2010

TGIF

  • It's Friday. YAY.
  • We leave for Greece in T-minus 126 hours, but who's counting?
  • Matt's birthday is on Sunday. I haven't gotten him a card or gift yet. Oops.
  • He got himself a gift last weekend when we were on our way to Florida in the form of a speeding ticket (Super Speeder law in effect... it ain't a pretty number!).
  • When we were out on the boat last weekend, we ran into a pod of bottlenose dolphins. They were jumping and slapping their tail fins on the water and swimming all around the boat. I about died. I didn't jump in because I am pretty sure they were feeding, and I didn't want to be in the middle of that. I loooooooooove dolphins.
  • When I die, I want to be cremated and my ashes to be spread in the ocean with dolphins and on Florida field. ;) Or, donate me to science. Whatever.
  • My mom swam with dolphins in high school... as a job. SO.NOT.FAIR!
  • One of those dolphins tried to mate with her one time. It's true. He cornered her in the pool, but she was able to slowly swim to the surface and have someone drop the fish bucket in to distract him. Check out this link and read the section on reproduction and sexuality.
  • I am so ready for our vacation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Have I mentioned we're going to Greece and Turkey? ;)
  • xoxo! Have a great weekend!

2 comments:

Jessi said...

Have a great time! I'm jealous! Can't wait to see pics!

Alyse said...

Have so much fun! Make sure to blog about it! I liked your information on dolphins--especially the part about aunt maggie :)! Love you!