Tuesday, December 29, 2009

December 2009 Recap in Pictures

The first weekend of December, we tailgated and attended the SEC Championship game. Well, we all know how that turned out for my team, the Florida Gators. But, here are some pictures anyway.


Yeah, we were that close. This is my "crappy" camera that doesn't zoom far.

And, yes, I wore eye blacks that say I ♥ Tebow.




Bad picture but it was straight on so you can get an idea of our seats. Sweet. The game? Not so sweet.

A bunch of Gators... notably, next year's starting QB Johnny Brantley.


This pretty much sums it up.

The next weekend, I attended my cousin's wedding in Sarasota, sans husband. The theme was peacocks and I loved it. The cake was fantastic!


Beautiful sister, beautiful cousin, me


Being silly... I paid to dance with the bride during the money dance. Her husband is nice and all, but being only 5 months apart, I've known her as long as I can remember.

My brother, sister and uncle doing their "hey scully" faces... you'd have to be there/know them. lol

Sissy and me with our Mich Lights on the dance floor. Like father, like daughters... well, the beer part... I don't recall my dad being much of a dancer... in public, at least. ;)

And now with the madre.

Love this... bubba and Liz!

And, the last part of the 2009 picture review... my nephews. These were the only pictures I took during Christmas. I didn't even take any pictures of our decor. It's nothing major anyway, but still... I am getting really bad at documenting things pictorally in my "old" age.

Always putting EVERYTHING in his mouth.


My ham of a nephew, James.

Caught him rearranging the nativity.

Presents!!!


What!?

Loving those blue eyes on my Brody Bear.

B-Man loves that Pooh... every time he saw it, he was all smiles. Then he would eat the nose and the antennae.

Seriously, is it just me or do you want to eat him too!?

So, that's it for pictures. Christmas was great, albeit hectic. I was exhausted! I cooked Christmas Eve dinner and it turned out nicely - an antipasti tray and bruschetta for apps; prime rib, garlic mashed potatoes, brussell sprouts, broccoli and cheese (for the picky eaters) and homemade Italian bread for dinner; and pecan pie and tiramisu for dessert. Only, no one really ate dessert! Santa was good to me... I got the Tory Burch flats (yeah!), two very nice crystal vases, a Canon photo printer/scanner/copier, LL Bean slippers, a Sonicare toothbrush, photo albums, a Home Goods gift card (already used most of it for a picture I found for our dining room), Bill O'Reilly's A Bold Fresh Piece of Humanity, a new Gator t-shirt exactly like my favorite one that looks vintage even though it's only around six years old (it's my favorite Gator t-shirt), a shirt from the Limited and two pretty necklaces, along with some other small things. I was spoiled and certainly don't deserve (or need) all of the lovely things, but I will enjoy them all anyway. I got Matt a Nintendo Wii, which was really a gift for both of us (as the printer and toothbrush from him were sort of for both of us, as well), and we've been having fun playing it but we need some games. We brought it to Jacksonville so we could play while we were there. I'm pretty good at bowling, but not so much at tennis. I want to get the Wii Fit... anyone out there have it and actually use it? One of my co-workers is going to let me borrow his so I can try it out, because his wife doesn't use it. Any other Wii game recommendations? Rock Band or Band Hero? Which is the better version?

Anyway, this is a long enough post. I can't believe 2009 is almost over... I'm sure I'll have some sort of reflective post on that in the next two days. :) Hope you all had a very, Merry Christmas with your loved ones.

1 comment:

Amy said...

So fun to see photos of Liz's wedding! ... and YES, those are some very cute nephews!!!