Greer turned the big 5 months on August 28 and big she sure seems these days. The biggest thing that has happened (in my view, anyway) since I last updated on her going-ons is that she has become a stomach sleeper and now miraculously naps in her crib! YES! The swing was great, but its day has come and gone and for that, I am thankful. She's even taken to napping in the pack n play at Mr. Craig's after putting up quite the fight at first. Since I seem to think in the form of bullet points and lists these days (okay, I've always been like that), here are some of Greer's favorites, milestones and other randomness at five months old:
- She's a thumbsucker... pretty much only when she's tired, but she found the thumb and she likes it.
- Rolls from back to front consistently... doesn't roll from front to back as much, but she can. I guess she just likes her tummy better these days.
- Sitting unassisted for short stints... just re-discovered the boppy as it's the perfect thing to catch her when she loses her balance.
- Really reaching out and grabbing things now... no more sitting on our laps when we eat without being hyper-vigilant of what she might grab hold of.
- Loves getting her feet into her mouth.
- Really starting to chew on things, especially Sophie, a lot. This comes with lots of drool, as you can imagine. She can soak the shoulder of my shirt in 0.3 seconds flat. I don't feel any teeth getting close to coming through, but we are definitely teething.
- Sleeps anywhere from 12 to 14 hours usually! Only 14 on the weekends when she can sleep in. Average wake up time is 7:30 and she is usually down by 7:30 in the evenings.
- She has the best little laugh.
- Just started giving us this big, cheesy, gummy grin that involves squinting her eyes. It's pretty cute.
- To take a little pressure off of me, I am starting to send one bottle of formula (organic of course, and I'm still not 100% on board with this but I need to get over it) to Mr. Craig's. It's only been twice last week so far, but she seemed to like it. I'm not producing quite enough to satisfy her anymore, so this allows to me stock some away and hopefully drop one pumping session when she's down to four bottles per day. Pumping 3x at work is a total pain and then I am pumping at night because I'm not producing enough to give her a full feeding. Such an internal battle I fight every day as to how long I will keep doing this. I want to breast feed and I want to give her breast milk but I am over pumping. Hence the hoarding of milk in my freezer. And also why America needs to get with the program and not force new moms back to work so soon.
- Likes to play in her new (to us) jumperoo and doorway jumper. Also likes the exersaucer at Mr. Craig's. Doesn't like that she can't figure out how to get the toys attached to it into her mouth.
- Has added Asheville, NC to her list of travels.
- Seems to be getting better with other people that aren't mommy, daddy or Mr. Craig.
- Turns into Fussy McFusserson when she's tired and over it. (True for any baby, I suppose.)
- She's finally outgrown most of her 0-3 month clothes. She's just too long for them now. Dresses still fit.
|Looking out the window at Mr. Craig's with Eleanor.|
|Wait just one minute!|
|This picture kills me. How did she get to be so cute!?!?!?!?|
|Sleepy girl at nap time.|
|Asheville! She loves her daddy.|
|The whole fam!|
|Dinner in Asheville at Bouchon.|
|Cousin Chris' wedding.|
|What a smirk!|
|Playing at Mr. Craig's|