Friday, March 1, 2013



How Far Along: 35w2d

Baby's Size:  Likely over 18" and 4.5+lbs

Gender: GIRL!

Movement:  All the time.  Sometimes kind of painful.  I think she's clawing her way out through the middle of my belly.  I've also started to have Braxton Hicks contractions pretty regularly, and they are interesting and mildly uncomfortable.  The bottom of my stomach gets really flat, I guess because the "bulk" of her is high up in my belly.  It just looks funny.  Also, she's definitely shifted down and out a little bit as opposed to the "high and tight" position she'd been in.  I'm not constantly pushing her out of my ribs, which is nice.  :)

Sleep:   It's generally not good.

Maternity Clothes:   Duh.

Symptoms:   I am plum exhausted a lot.  But still a happy little momma-to-be.  I cannot believe she will be here so soon... probably this month!  I'm definitely eating less at each sitting and although I haven't had heartburn, I do have mild indegestion.  Nothing that has forced me to go buy meds, although it's been really bad two nights to the point that I thought I was going to throw up and absolutely could not lay flat.  Also, I am definitely less mobile and quite uncomfortable, although it still doesn't slow me down.  That's probably part of the problem!  Too much to do... too little time!  :)

Aversions:   Nothing really. I love food.

Cravings: Also nothing really. On occassion I will crave something, but it's not a regular thing. I do still love my rootbeer.

What I miss: Sleep. Fare thee well for awhile, my friend. ;)

Feelings toward pregnancy:  Same as they have been.  But, I am getting to the point that I am really ready to not be pregnant and ready to meet my daughter.  However, I'm totally cool with her staying put until at least 38 weeks.  I'm not that ready (emotionally-yes, everything else-no).

Best moments this week:  Being at the beach last weekend and work threw me a shower today.

What I'm looking forward to in the next week:  Getting lots of stuff done around the house this weekend, enjoying my time with just Matt and the dogs, seeing one of my dear friends who is in town, and inching ever closer to having a baby!


So, the formal pics are because I attended a black tie function for my industry... picked up this dress from asos.com for $36!  Total bargain!

2 comments:

TheHouse said...

You look so cute!

Doctor told me I'm starting to efface and he's in position...but nothing else so far. I'm really hoping he stays put until at least the 22nd...but who knows at this point, right?!

Unknown said...

Your dress is beautiful! I totally feel you on the indigestion - I wake up sometimes burning & feeling like I could throw up. I take [walgreen's brand] zantac 75, and it's been great for me. hope your last few weeks are great!

http://lchejtmanek.blogspot.com/