Friday, June 17, 2011

TGIF

  • This week flew by.  Awesome.
  • I am actually, really, for real going to start a paleo/primal blog.  It will not be fancy and I'm not paying anything for it.  If enough people start reading and like what I cook/post, we'll see what happens.  I had a name all planned out but now I am second guessing it.  So, once I figure out a name and get some content ready to post, I will let you know.  Based on my past performance, this will probably take six months. ;)
  • We are actually, really, for real going to remodel our kitchen.  I think.  We have one contractor that's given us some quotes for different options, and they all seem a bit high.  We have also come to the realization that we will not be removing the wall between the kitchen and living room.  {sad face}  We will never get that money back, and considering everything we're putting into our house this point is negative equity (thanks, housing market!), it's just not a smart move.  But, we are changing the layout a little bit... it will be much more efficient and also provide bar seating for four.  We are waiting (and waiting) for a quote from our neighbor contractors who I am pretty sure will do the job.
  • We were thinking of ordering unfinished cabinets and having them painted, but the first quote we've received for that was $5,000!  To paint cabinets!!  The cabinets themselves don't cost much more than that.  Sheesh.
  • The incomparable Capella Kincheloe will be once again making up for my severe lack in design ability.  We've hired her to do the design for our kitchen, living room, dining room and foyer.  I'm super excited to have a house that is decorated and doesn't look like we just moved in... two years + after moving in.
  • We're hoping (pending our neighbors' bid) to get this party started late next month, but again, we need their bid so we can start ordering everything!!!!  SEND ME YOUR DAMN PRICING!  In their defense, they are awesome and a two man shop.  They do almost all the work themselves (which adds up to lots of cost savings), so they only have time to do estimates in the evenings and on the weekends.  But, that doesn't mean I'm not going to go knock on their door this weekend and tell them to give me something... now.  :)
  • Is it just me, or is everyone pregnant?  Or just had a baby?  Seriously.
  • Speaking of pregnant, Jenn and I went to Florida this weekend for one of my best friend's baby showers, hosted by another one of my best friends.  {We're the four best friends that anyone could have and we'll never ever ever ever ever leave each other.}  The shower was awesome... Dai is definitely the hostess with the mostest, and it was so good to spend some QT with some of my favorite people in the world.  We walked on the beach after dinner, and it was amazing.  What was not amazing is that I, along with many others, got the speeding ticket of all speeding tickets on the way down.  Oops.  I honestly had no idea I was speeding at all or that the speed limit was 60.  I don't speed through construction zones, and I typically don't go more than 10 over.  I was just driving along with everyone else, and apparently we were all doing about 20 over the speed limit... in a construction zone (where there was absolutely no construction... the project is DONE with a capital D).  Can't wait to call and find out how much that is going to be... my prediction is at least $500.  Eh, it's just money.  {vomits}
Dai, Jenn (+Davis), Meg (+Kate), and me
  • On another note, I should really avoid standing next to friends that are 7-8" taller than me in pictures.  When will I learn?

1 comment:

ghazal said...

(1) everyone IS pregnant or JUST had a baby, you're so right. just the other day i took note that about 75% of my facebook friends have their baby's face in their profile picture. and about 80% of my picture comments are something along the lines of -- "aww, soooo cute, those cheeks are edible!" sheesh.

(2) my mom came to visit this past weekend and got the same exact sort of ticket you got. same description of what happened ... "i was going with traffic!" LOL.

(3) yay for paleo!