Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Honey, I'm home!

To tide you over until I get around to the "real" pictures, here are some I shot on my iPhone.

View from 15 feet outside of our room in Milos.


Kleftiko

Kleftiko

Milos sunset

Milos sunset

View from our hotel in Oia (Santorini)


Breakfast... I could eat like this every day for the rest of my life and it wouldn't get old.

View from Santorini lighthouse (that's Matt down there)

Oia sunset

I downloaded the 800 pictures from my camera to the computer this morning before work, but I didn't have time to do anything else with them. So, to be short and sweet for now... the trip was amazing. But, we were ready to get home, which turned out not to go as planned. Needless to say, Delta will be receiving a strongly worded letter today, as soon as I can find time to compose it. We ended up getting home Sunday instead of Saturday, so we took yesterday off. It was also our 2 year wedding anniversary, so it was nice to spend it together, even if that meant laundry, catching up on DVR, a little CrossFit action for moi, a classy dinner at Nuevo Laredo, and in bed by 9.

I feel like we've been married for longer than two years... not in a bad way, I just don't feel like I remember anything else but us being us. I love Matt more today than the day we married, and I feel so lucky and blessed to have found someone who complements me so well (and, I think vice versa). Even when we bicker (which is usually him pushing my buttons... he knows me so well), there is nothing I would change about him or us. Sometimes I'll see other couples' relationships and think, oh such-and-such would be nice or whatever, but truthfully, we have it good, and we grow closer, learn more about the other and how to love each other every day. I can't imagine being with anyone else!!!! Love you, babe.

P.S. This trip is probably going to take 4 or 5 blog posts to get through, so bare with me! :)

No comments: