Tuesday, November 10, 2009

There's a hurricane a-blowin'

The view from my office window.

Don't worry. I've got my hard hat!

I'm a super dork, and I'm okay with that. This was sent to me by a guy I worked with on one of my deals who just started his own construction management business. Very smart marketing ploy, in my opinion. I mean, who doesn't love a hard hat? Or maybe it's just me since I grew up with a dad in construction, a mom who ended up in construction (in the main office of a large contractor... not out in the field :) ), and I married a civil engineer turned construction manager. The best part of this, BY FAR, is that someone used a label maker to put my name on it. YES! Double score!

But for real, Hurricane/Tropical Storm Ida or whatever it has become now has been raining down on us all day. I heard the rain start in the middle of the night and it's been beating against my office window all day. It really makes me want to go home and curl up with a bowl of soup and a good movie... or since it's Tuesday night, So You Think You Can Dance... dance... dance... dance. I love that show. Hope you all are experiencing better weather!
P.S. The weekend was great, and as soon as I find time to get the pictures off my camera, I'll post them here. Missed most of the good fall foliage but still captured some pretty scenery.

2 comments:

Jessi said...

I hear ya! I had to run out for an appointment and it was crazy. I work from home and on days like this I am thankful! (I just canceled dinner plans to in order to stay home and curl up with the hubby)

Heather said...

From one dork to another, I think you look super cute in your hard hat!