Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Onward

Well, hello there 2012.  Where did you come from?  Somewhere during recovery from our eight day "Tour de Florida" you snuck up on me.  Truth be told, I was ready and up watching Dick Clark trying to catch a glimpse of my cousin who proposed to his girlfriend in Times Square (see here - scroll to 03:06:00).  Love it.  As a side note, he is my connection to Matt... they played rugby together at UF.  :)  As another side note, Nivea made them wear these hats.  :)

Can I get a collective awwwww?  P.S.  That's Bill and Giuliana Rancic.
But, 2012 isn't exactly starting out as I'd hoped, and I was not filled with excitement or hope when the clock struck midnight.  For one, I am not pregnant.  Two, I have a cold.  I guess things can only get better from here, right?  RIGHT!?

Ugh, I can't really put my frustration into words except to say I finally broke down.  Over dog food, nonetheless.  (These are real issues, people... I'm quite particular about the food my dog children eat.)  I just don't understand.  I truly do not.  And, if someone tells me to just relax and it will happen, I will dropkick you right in the damn face.  I do think there's legitimacy to that, but then why didn't it happen before?  And, I don't think I'm really stressed over it.  Yes, it sucks.  But, it does not consume me (most days).  I'm pretty level headed and I am able to keep things in perspective.  But, I - JUST - DON'T - GET - IT.  Period.  'Tis life, I suppose.

So, we don't know what is next.  That was number three for three IUI tries and we're 0-3.  Well, more like 0-14 or something, I guess.  All I know is the ride isn't over... I know the destination but the route is still TBD.

P.S.  I had to go off my miracle acne medication when I pulled the goalie, and can I just say that God can be really cruel.  (Okay, I'm just kidding... love you Big Man but for reals.)  The acne stuff is a bit OOC.  And, I know what will make it all better but I can't take it.  But, I also can't get pregnant, so for the last 14+ months, I could have had beautifully clear skin.  But instead, I've suffered through pubescent acne breakouts (mind you, I'm about to be 30) for naught.  Aye.

No comments: