Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Master Bedroom Breakdown

First, Capella has posted a few pics on her blog and website. This is a more accurate representation of the color. It looks a little more green in my pictures in the post below than it does in "real life".



So, above is basically the one page I got from Capella. There are few things missing from here to make it a bit cleaner to post, and of course, she also sent a source list, paint colors, fabrics, and room layout. We used *most* of what Capella recommended. Below I will source each item and whether or not it was included in the plan.

Wall color - Pearl Gray by Benjamin Moore
Ceiling color - Mountainscape by Benjamin Moore
Side tables - Wisteria.com
Bedside lamps - Arteriors Leopard Silveria glass lamps
Headboard - custom by New Again Upholstery
Headboard, bedskirt and pillow fabric - Lewis & Sheron (don't remember the name but it's a grayish blue linen type fabric)
Bedskirt - custom by moi
Tray and box on side tables, pillow on settee - West Elm (not included in IDESIGN but picked out by Capella)
Settee - Nate Berkus on HSN.com
Duvet - Pottery Barn (Matt did not like the quilt in the IDESIGN)
Throw on settee, baskets and other accessories - Home Goods
Large wall art - Ballard Designs
Smaller wall art - frames and mats from Sam Flax, larger print from art.com, smaller print from 20x200, personal photo (the art she sourced was from One Kings Lane and I waited too long to purchase)
Desk - Craig's List, refinished by my handy husband
Chairs - passed on from my grandma, Memere - painted BM Castleton Mist and recovered in fabric from L&S by moi (loved the Ballard chair Capella recommended in IDESIGN and would have used it if these weren't just sitting begging for a makeover)
Floor mirror - already mine from Ballard
Shades - bamboo from Home Deport (I couldn't make up my mind on the beautiful, fabric shades Capella picked out so I opted to save that money and go with bamboo; definitely a possibility to upgrade at some point)

So, I've said it before and I'll say it again... Capella was awesome. I really couldn't picture how it was all going to turn out, but I trusted her and that was the best decision I could make. I also have to admit... I had a little more help than the typical IDESIGN customer, because I was her first client to do this. However, it shows me how truly invaluable an interior designer can be. My brain just doesn't work that way. I will definitely do IDESIGN again in the future and then pay her hourly for the extra help be it selecting other options for something or staging the room. I would also consider her full design services if it makes sense... as of now, we like to DIY so this is the better way for us to go.

No comments: